Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Mom and Elephants

My mom always said...a LOT of words that after I patiently heard them have clung to me, shouting wisdom into every piece of my life. How do you eat an elephant?--I thought this was the most ridiculous question--who would want to eat an elephant; I laughed. "One bite at a time," and she insisted that this was wise. I learned and relearned and relearned that it is, and I've found myself quoting it to friends and to myself often. She also told me if I cannot find time to do something as much as I want to do it, don't let that stop me from doing it a little bit. I recently found a letter from her saying that she was going to go ahead and write me a letter, even if it is not a long one, that she was not going to let her inability to set aside time for a long letter prevent her from writing a short one. This is my short blog, because I do not have time to go into the details of the two jobs that I began this week or the sister's wedding I have this weekend, although I'd love to describe all of these things. I promise to seek better devotion to this blog once I have enough time to write long, elaborate, perfect ones every single day...I mean even if it means writing short quick ones once a week and not always every perfect single day.

1 comment:

  1. We achieve more when we have big goals and complete part of them than to have no goals at all and achieve nothing. (Sorry, I can't remember where this came from). The little things in life can carry just as much meaning as the big things. It is a good reminder since most of us life busy lives. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete